The members of the Board are elected at the annual meeting from among the representatives of the member associations. The term of office of a Board member is two years. Each member may serve a maximum of four consecutive years on the Board.
Moniheli Board 2022
- Emma Tamankag (Heed Association Finland.), chairperson of the board
- Shefali Arora (Finnish-Indian-Society), Vice-Chairperson
- Fatima Usman (AFAES ry), Treasurer
- Sandra Imran Alsouse (Mirsal ry), Secretary
- Simone Santo Baldi (SAMHA RY)
- Liban Hassan (Knowledge is Power ry)
- Mediatrice Nyiramugisha (LIIDF ry)
- Marja Pentikäinen (FOKUS ry)
- Pauliina Shilongo (Finnish-Namibian Society)
- Tatiana Solovieva (Globe Art Point)
- Alec Thurnham (Familia ry)
- Josephine Atanga (deputy, Women Designed for Success ry)
- Mohammed Laraki (deputy, SMYKY ry)
- Joseph Ombima (deputy, Kefiso ry)
Decision-making in the hands of multicultural representatives
Moniheli’s board convening in monthly meetings decides network’s course of action and on larger operative questions. The board members are elected according to the statutes from among the member associations’ candidates for a two-year term at the general assembly. Each member may hold a position in the board for a maximum of two years, a total of four years. The board members are mainly of migrant background.
The member organisations of the Moniheli, which must be registered associations, are approved at the monthly meetings of the Board of Directors. When applying for membership, please complete the Moniheli membership form accurately with the requested documents. We will contact you once your application has been approved.
The form can be found here: Join as a member