Moniheli actively lobbies with and on behalf of its multicultural member organisations. The aim of the lobbying is to bring the voice of people of immigrant backgrounds into decision-making, so that these new Finns are equally represented in our society.
Moniheli and its network currently consist of high-demand partners in various cooperation bodies, advisory boards, and projects that promote multiculturalism and immigrant integration. Moniheli is often represented in these by a member of the organisation's board.
The Moniheli network promotes open public debate, participates in various public events, and makes statements on multiculturalism.
Representation in cooperation bodies
One of Moniheli's main tasks is to do advocacy work. This is achievedby building bridges between its network and authorities as well otheractors in public administration, businesses, and the third sector.Moniheli is a key actor the eld of immigrant integration.
The Moniheli network is currently represented in the following cooperation bodies:
- The open government III action programme implementation project group / The Ministry of Finance
- The digitisation for everyday life advisory board / The Ministry of Finance
- The City of Espoo's advisory board on multicultural affairs
- The national advisory board on ethnic relations (ETNO) / The Ministry of Justice
- The advisory board on ethnic relations, Southern Finland (ETNO) / Uusimaa Centre for Economic Development, Transport, and the Environment (ELY Centre)
- The City of Helsinki's advisory board on inclusion and interaction
- The Advisory Board on Civil Society Policy (KANE) / The Ministry of Justice
- The plain language advisory board / The Finnish Centre for Easy Language
- The advisory board of the non-discrimination ombudsman / The Ministry of Justice
The Moniheli network is involved in various public events to promote a diverse and equal Finland.
Each May, Moniheli traditionally gathers its member organisations and other partners to promote diversity in its multicultural Finland tent at the World Village Festival in Helsinki.
In the summer, Moniheli and its partners organise discussion events on current topics related to immigration and integration at SuomiAreena in Pori.
On 6 December every year, Moniheli encourages people to multiculturally celebrate Finland's Independence Day.
Moniheli makes statements to correct or advance issues it considers important on behalf of its network, and often with its various partners.