The purpose of the Moniheli ry is to promote the development of an increasingly multicultural society in Finland so that it is a good place to live also for our growing immigrant-background population.
A network and an expert
Moniheli is both a cooperation network and an expert on multiculturalism, immigration and integration issues.
Moniheli works to develop multiculturalism, integration, immigration and equity. This can also take the form of separate projects and campaigns.
Our key themes:
- working life
- culture and languages
The Moniheli network has grown steadily, especially as a result of increased immigration. Moniheli's member organisations have roots in around 40 countries. Moniheli is happy to cooperate extensively with different actors in society and is always open to new initiatives.
Multicultural network Moniheli enhances with its member- and cooperation network the integration and well-being of immigrants in order for them to become empowered and equal members of Finnish society.
Decision-making in the hands of multicultural representatives
Moniheli’s board convening in monthly meetings decides network’s course of action and on larger operative questions. The board members are elected according to the statutes from among the member associations’ candidates for a two-year term at the general assembly. Each member may hold a position in the board for a maximum of two years, a total of four years. The board members are mainly of migrant background.
Members of Moniheli, who must be registered associations, are approved by the board at monthly meetings. When applying for membership, please complete the joining form with the requested documents. We will contact you after accepting your application.
The form can be found here: Join as a member
Many helin government 2021
- Emma Tamankag (Heed Association Finland.), chairperson of the board
- Heidi Alander (English new home country association)
- Shefali Arora (Finland-India-Track association)
- Josephine Listen (Women Designed for Success association)
- Simone Santo Baldi (SAMHA ASSOCIATION)
- Liban Hassan (Knowledge is Power association)
- Mediatrice Nyiramugisha (LIIDF association)
- Berry Master P (FOCUS association)
- Pauliina Shilongo (Finland-Namibia association)
- Alec Thurnham (Familia ry)
- Fatima Usman (AFAES association)
- Sandra Imran Alsou It (deputy, Mirsan association)
- Sanal Edamaruku (deputy, Inter Culture association)