Moniheliis a nationwide cooperation network of more than a hundred multicultural and immigrant associations. Moniheli supports association activities and multidisciplinary cooperation at various events and acts as an advocate for immigrants, prevents homelessness and housing problems among migrants (Katto program), peer support activities for immigrant parents (OmaPolku project) and health-promoting activities for immigrants (Terkku project), and much more.
Mikki sulleis a one-year (2022) STEA-funded project, which helps us to strengthen youth growing between two cultures develop their voice in society. Project will be done in collaboration with member associations. Following the themes raised by the youth in this project, there will be dialogue events to Somali, Arabic and Kurdish speaking parents and between the parents and authorities in Helsinki, Espoo, Turku and Pori.
Now we are looking for a project coordinator for the Mikki sulle project. The job requires understanding of daily lives of young people and skills to get youth to participate planning and implementing this project in collaboration with Moniheli’s member association. The project coordinator is used to working in a multicultural environment and is independent and target-oriented.
The vacancy is temporary 1.3.2022-28.2.2023 due to project funding.
Project coordinator tasks include
- Coordinating the project in collaboration with member associations
- Planning project activities and being in charge of implementing
- Project communication, stakeholder and advocacy work
- Follow-up and evaluation of the project
The project coordinator we’re looking for has
- Appropriate education (f. ex. university of applied sciences level)
- Experience of working with young people
- Experience of participation
- Excellent social media skills and knowledge of the social media channels 13-25-year-olds are using
- Good networking, interaction, and performing skills
- Experience of multicultural work environment
- 1-3 years of experience working with STEA-funded projects
- Good Finnish and English skills (oral and written), other languages are a plus
- Opportunity to do meaningful work from a variety of avenues and promote equality in Finland.
- A flexible, inspiring and multicultural work community in Helsinki's Kalasatama
- A bilingual working community – Finnish and English are working languages
- Opportunity for telecommuting
- Full-time work (37.5 h / week), work includes evening and weekend work
- Salary consistent with the Collective Agreement for organisations in the social services sector
For more information, call Abdirahim Hussein, Executive Director of Moniheli, +358 (0) 45 8992522 Friday 21.1.2021 2-3.30pm.
Send a free-form application and CV by e-mail no later than Tuesday 31 January by 3pm to email@example.com. Enter the name of the project and the task you are applying for in the subject field of the e-mail.